All non-US citizens must receive TSA clearance prior to starting flight training. Follow the following procedure to receive your flight training clearance from the TSA:
1. Log onto the TSA website: https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov
- If you have previously registered with this website, login with your user ID and password
- If you have not registered with this website, click on ― Register Options – Candidate Portal on the top right of the page, just below – LOGIN. Once you register,
i. TSA will email your User-ID and Password
ii. Make a note of this information for future reference
2. Return to the TSA website
https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov and login using your UserID and Password.
3. Complete all of the requested information. Make note of the new UserID that you created and your answers to the 3 security questions.
4. Submit the following information:
- Full name, gender, current address and five year address history, date and country of birth, and citizenship information
- Passport and visa information— all applicants are required to have a passport. Scan and upload required documents.
- Enter Training details as follows:
i. Training Category: 3
ii. Training Provider:Advanced International Aviation Academy ( Jet & Rotor Aviation Academy)
iii. School Student Identification number: first name initial and last name (example: for John Boyd – jboyd)
iv. Course Identification number: Initial – PPL101 (Private Pilot)
v. Course Name: Private Pilot
vi. Course description: Private Pilot training
vii. Rating goal: Private Pilot ASEL
viii. Aircraft type: Cessna 172 , Cessna 151, Cessna 150
ix. Start date: (3 weeks from date of application).
x. End date: 1 year from start date or date of Visa expiration,whichever is sooner.
5. The application fee is $130.00. This fee is paid by credit card on-line to the TSA portal
6. You must print a copy of your TSA application for Advanced International Aviation Academy records.
7. Once your application is complete, Advanced International Aviation Academy will receive an email from the TSA requesting confirmation that your will be receiving flight instruction from our school.
8. After the TSA receives confirmation from Advanced International Aviation Academy the TSA will send you authorization by email to get fingerprinted.
9. The agency taking the fingerprints may elect to charge a fee for the
fingerprinting service. Advanced International Aviation Academy has fingerprint cards available for you if needed.
10. After TSA receives the finger prints and clears you for flight training, they will send you and Jet & Rotor Aviation an email authorization to begin
training. This usually occurs about one week after sending the fingerprints.
11. Advanced International Aviation Academy will take a digital photo of you when you arrive to begin your flight training and will upload this photo to the TSA portal, completing the approval process.
Flight Training must commence within 180 days of approval